Would you like to to make a lasting impact in our community?
Volunteers are the heart of The Holocaust Center. From the Holocaust Survivors who tell their stories to groups and visitors from around the world, the Museum Shop personnel who share ways to continue to learn about the Holocaust with visitors, and of course the docents who educate visitors through the museum’s core exhibits, volunteers are essential to our mission of engaging, educating, and empowering by remembering the Holocaust.
Many opportunities are available. The HC has needs for library helpers, staff aides, front desk greeters, and more. Time spent volunteering at The HC can be used toward fulfilling service hours required by congregational and school programs.
For all volunteer opportunities, please contact:
Brennden Bernard, Visitor Services and Volunteer Manager at 248.553.2400 ext. 145 or Brennden.Bernard@holocaustcenter.org.
The Zekelman Holocaust Center, a museum in Farmington Hills, is seeking a Social Media Manager. This individual is responsible for developing a clearly defined digital and social content strategy and then executing it in a manner that supports the growth of The HC’s audience and reach. The HC is the region’s leading museum and Holocaust learning center and a statewide force for education about tolerance, diversity, and justice. Our exhibits and programs teach visitors through the examples of those who risked their lives to save others, asking guests to react to contemporary acts of racism, antisemitism and prejudice.
- Manage the HC’s social media programs and initiatives on Facebook/Instagram, Google (YouTube), Twitter and other platforms.
- Create and curate compelling content using text, photograph and video to educate people about The HC’s mission, museum, library, programs and other activities, as well as about the Holocaust and its lessons for today.
- Design social media campaigns to attract and engage social media followers.
- Set goals and create content calendars, providing ongoing measurement and optimization of the content.
- Manage The HC’s website, updating it as necessary.
- Create and distribute a weekly email newsletter advertising The HC’s upcoming programs.
- Use social listening tools to monitor online conversations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities to Perform Essential Functions
- 3-5 years of digital strategy and social media experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proficiency in digital marketing.
- Familiarity with web and social analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Hootsuite.
- Working knowledge of social media buying platforms and respective analytics dashboards (Facebook Ads Manager, Pixel creation and implementation, etc.).
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Basic graphic design, photography, photo editing, video editing and WordPress skills.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of the Holocaust preferred.
- On call availability for updating breaking news.
The position of Social Media Manager is a full-time position with a competitive compensation and benefit package, including health insurance, 401K and vacation.
In your cover letter please include a statement on why you would like to work at The Holocaust Center. Also please provide links to current social media channels you manage and relevant creative you have produced.