By: Justin Bean, Membership and Data Manager –
The Holocaust Memorial Center plays a unique role in our community. Each year, thousands of students and adults from all walks of life interact with the museum. When they visit us, whether virtually or physically, they learn not only about the Holocaust but also valuable lessons about the obligation we all have to stop acts of hatred and antisemitism when we see them. As a member of our museum family, your investment in our mission affects many lives.
Holocaust Memorial Center membership at all levels carries with it benefits available only to members: free admission, a museum shop discount, our newsletter, guest passes, and an invitation to our annual members-only event. However, the real value of membership is what it does for others. Your membership helps to support so many vital opportunities for learning:
- A Holocaust Survivor recounts his/her life story to a group of students.
- Expert speakers lead forums about human behavior, political oppression, ethics, discrimination, civil rights, and more.
- Educators learn new ways to effectively incorporate this challenging topic into their classrooms.
- Engaging new exhibits from around the globe arrive every few months to frame the Holocaust in new ways, reaching new audiences.
- Families visit the International Institute of the Righteous to learn about courageous individuals who risked their own lives to save the life of a stranger.
Your membership gift helps to fund programs, educate students, and update our core exhibits. Your contribution ensures that nobody is ever turned away from our museum due to lack of funds. Membership makes a real difference! Please join the Holocaust Memorial Center. If you are already a member, please consider renewing or raising the level of your membership. Help us engage, educate, and empower.
Please contact Justin Bean, Membership & Outreach Manager at (248) 536-9605 with any membership-related questions.